School meals are freshly cooked at SJSM every day and are currently priced at £2.50. Our Menus are available from the School Office and via the School Grid website where you order and pay for your child's school meals https://www.live-kitchen.co.uk/. Children in Early Years and Key Stage 1 are entitled to a universal free school meal every day.
Parents can pre-order their child's school meal(s) at home via the internet until 8.30am on the day of the meal and payments for Key Stage 2 pupil meals can also be made via the above website. You can pay daily, weekly or termly, but payment should be made in advance of the meal being taken. If your child has allergens or special dietary requirements, you can provide details via the School grid website or you can contact the School Office on 0161 764 5330.
Free School Meals
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 get a free school meal at lunchtime, under the government's Infant Free School Meals scheme. However if your child is in a Key Stage 1 year group and you get one of the qualifying incomes shown below it will help school if you make a claim for free school meals, as we can get extra funding that we use to further support our children.
From Year 3 onwards, free school meals are only available if you get one of the following:
- Universal Credit - and your earned income is less than £7,400 a year, after tax and not including any benefits
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, providing you are do not get Working Tax Credit, and your annual gross income is less than £16,190
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
If you get Working Tax Credits you will not be eligible unless you are receiving the four week 'run on' payment after stopping work.
They are also available for eligible households with children at our Nursery, providing they receive education before and after lunch.
Apply for free school meals
Please click here to apply for free school meals via Bury Council if you live:
- in Bury Council's area and your child attends a school either in or outside the borough
- in Manchester Council's area and your child attends a school in Bury
You will need yours and your partner's National Insurance numbers or National Asylum Support Service numbers.